So, you are aging and it is bothering you. Do you feel like you are walking uphill? Well, that is because you are.
You are climbing up to your sixties and everything you do in these years will contribute to your life and well-being when you get there.
As one who has been through it and mentored many women on their aging journey, I can share some nuggets to make it easier.
Ah Ha Tips
- It’s important that you pick and like your female doctor. I would suggest you get someone older than yourself. They have been there.
- Exercise at least twice a week minimum but if you can walk every day consistently you will benefit.
- Get a blood analysis. It cost $168.00 and it’s worth it. Knowledge is king.
- If you are a cranky gal, you are a cranky gal, however, if you get crankier before your period, consider taking the naturopathic remedy evening of primrose every day. It is a soothing solution. It works great.
- Check-in with a naturopath. They are “whole”istic and go beyond the scope of many doctors.
- Have more sex with your partner. It’s good for your body and hormones. If you do not have a partner, have it and be safe. Sex is good for you at any age.
More emotional these days? There are many proven methods: Write in your journal, tap EFT. It might be time to work with a therapist and trained practitioner to get you going deeper and doing some serious work on resolving those pesky barriers you have been carrying around all these years. See me once a week for 6 weeks and you will feel the release.
- Now, this is the time your body is telling you, move on from parenting, from babies, so if you do not get grandchildren, don’t get a puppy. Many women do because psychologically they have trouble giving up mothering. Get a hobby.
- If this is a choice between a new puppy or a partner remember this: A puppy you can train. It’s harder to train a 50-year-old dog. He likes things the way they are.
- Memory: It’s ok to walk into a room and forget why you’re there. You’ll usually discover something there you have to do. Then you’ll remember.
- Really what is the hurry? You are not 20, so relax. Give yourself time to regroup so you will have a new 20-year plan. If you need to hurry, take salsa, it’s good for your balance, rhythm, and energy. When you can dance 5 salsas in a row you’re terrifically in shape.
Life is full of surprises. Watch out for them. You have a lot of living before you. Enjoy and embrace aging. Always add some humor to your day. It is good for your soul.