The bright spot to losing your daughter to the big city and the hallowed halls of higher education? Nutrition classes and the hard job of taste testing the homework on weekends. These were delectable.
1 large red apple, halved and thinly sliced
¼ cup white sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
¼ cup melted butter
2 teaspoons water
1 teaspoon confectioners’ sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking oil.
2. Slice apples, coring with round metal end of cake decorating tip.
3. Place apple slices on plate and microwave for 45 – 60 seconds until soft. Cover with wrap to keep warm.
4. Mix together sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
5. Roll puff pastry sheet, cut into 3” x 10” segments.
6. Spread melted butter over pastry; sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Place apples slices half way, overlapping. Fold bottom over apples.
7. Beat egg and water together making wash. Brush surface of dough with wash, sprinkle with more cinnamon-sugar.
8. Roll dough from one end loosely to form a rose-shape sealing end. Place in muffin tin.
9. Bake till brown, about 40 minutes. Remove and cool on rack. Dust with confectioners’ sugar.