Lipstick makes me feel beautiful and it is an easy pick me up that is always on trend! I am loving the brown lipsticks. Not to rush the end of summer, but fall is just around the corner and there is a wonderful brown lipstick just right for you.
A few tips first:
- Choose a color one or two shades darker than your natural lip color.
- Start with a lip primer to fill in fine lines and stop the color from feathering.
- Use a lip pencil close to your lip color. You do not need to have a pencil to match each color of lipstick. Line the whole lip or just the bow and center of your bottom lip to accent the pout.
- Fill in your lip with the pencil and then put the lipstick on top for staying power.
The number one tip for luscious lips is to exfoliate. Here are two easy methods and you will definitely see the results.
Mix together a little baking soda plus some water until it’s formed a “gritty paste,” then apply to your lips with a soft toothbrush or washcloth.
Mix a little olive oil with granulated sugar and rub over your lips.
Always rub gently. Rinse, then apply a lip balm or vaseline. Here are four great brands and colors to try.
1. Hydrating – Charlotte Tilbury $38.00 US
Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks protect lips with a soothing, hydrating cashmere finish for younger, healthy looking lips:
- Two exclusive enriching ingredients: antioxidant Lipstick Tree and hydrating Orchid extracts.
- 3D glowing pigments create the illusion lit-from-within lips that appear wider and fuller.
- Triglycerides mixed with a perfect blend of oils and waxes glide long-lasting color onto the lips.
- Revolutionary, square, angled tip mimics the shape of a lip brush for precision application.
2. Vegan – Dose of Colors $18.00 US
With a velvety high-fashion matte finish, Dose make up is gluten and paraben free as well as cruelty free. If you are curious what the components of lipstick are they list them:
Isododecane Synthetic Beeswax VP/Hexadecene Copolymer Octyldodecanol Cyclopentasiloxane C18-36 Acid Triglyceride Disteardimonium Hectorite Phenoxyethanol Alcohol denatured Ethylhexylglycerin MAY CONTAIN: ± D&C Red No.28 Aluminum Lake (CI 45410) FD&C Red No.40 Aluminum Lake (CI 16035) Titanium dioxide (CI 77891) FD&C Yellow No 5 Lake (CI 19140) Aluminum Oxide Red 6 Lake (CI 15850) D&C Red 27 Lake (CI 45410) FD&C Red 7 Calcium Lake (CI 15850:1) Iron Oxides (CI 77499) FD&C Blue No.1 Aluminum Lake (CI 42090)
3. Swatched for Three Skin Tones – Kat Von D $26.00 CND
This is a deep chocolate red that stuns with a brown liner. What I like about her site is she swatches the color on three skin tones which helps color checking when buying on line. Great job Kat Von D!
4. Replenish and Reshape – Lancôme $37.00 CND
Amande Sucree is wonderful almond color. Replenish
and tighten Skin with Pro-Xylane, a naturally-derived ingredient from the beech wood plant. By penetrating the extra-cellular matrix that supports skin structure, Pro-Xylane can restore skin’s overall health and suppleness. Rebuild skin from the inside out for ultimate radiance.