This Thai freestyle was influenced by a search for gluten-free and a love for noodles. This simple meal is a staple in my house. The fruity-sour taste of Tamarind enhances the flavors. Guaranteed you’ll want to have leftovers for lunch.
Servings: 4 – 6
Time: 2 hr 30 min
- 7 ounces of stir-fry rice noodles
- 1/3 cup of tamarind sauce
- 2 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- ½ pound of medium shrimp, peeled and deveined or firm tofu, cubed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup bean sprouts
- ¼ cup of coarsely chopped unsalted peanuts
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- lime wedges
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add rice noodles, cook 3 to 5 minutes or until noodles are tender but firm. Rinse under cold water, drain well. Set aside. Mix tamarind sauce, fish sauce, vinegar, sugar and paprika in small bowl.
- Heat oil in large skillet or wok on medium-high heat. Add garlic, stir-fry 30 seconds. Add shrimp stir-fry 2 minutes until pink. Push shrimp to the side of the pan. Add egg in the middle of pan and scramble.
- Stir in rice noodles and tamarind mixture, stir-fry 1 minute or until heated through. Place noodle mixture in bowl and top with bean sprouts, peanuts, and cilantro. Serve with a lime wedge.