Bring glamour into your life with a beauty pageant crown. If you have never seen yourself in that role, Tetyana Golota wants you to know, if she can do it you can too.
Tetyana arranged for us to meet at this glorious bakery café Gabi & Jules that dishes the most decadent deep-dish pies ever.
She strolled in with no makeup, her golden hair falling softly, dressed in jeans and a jacket with her trademark smile. At about 5 foot 8, you would never know Tetyana Golota has walked the runway in London, United States, and Canada. She readily admits she was a tomboy growing up, does not consider herself a girlie girl, has curves and as a successful engineer would never in her wildest dreams imagined she would be a beauty queen.
Today she is getting ready to compete as Mrs. Ukraine Curve in the Mrs. Globe Pageant June 12 to 16 in Palm Springs USA.
You may not know this, but there are many pageant options available for women over 45 that will play up to your size, style or physical ability. Increasingly the numbers of middle-aged women competing are growing around the globe. Asia, North America, Europe, South America, it is becoming more common for women over 40 to embrace their own beauty while celebrating a cause.
Start With Research
Do a Google search of “beauty pageants for women over 45” and over 24 million search results present. From Ms. Senior to Ms. 40+, Mrs. World to Mrs. Galaxy there is a potential pageant in almost every country for any woman.
You want to pay attention to:
- The history of the pageant
- It’s reputation
- What cause or charity it supports
- The regions it covers
- What the crown looks like
- The entrance fee (can range from hundreds to thousands of dollars)
- Related expenses you cover ( like transportation costs to events and clothes)
- The costs the pageant covers (lunches, snacks, workshops and/or specific training)
- The length of the event (typically 3 to 7 days)
Find Out Your Why
Once you understand the wide range of pageants available decide what your driver will be with this experience. Why do you want to enter the pageant? What sparks your interest?
- If your goal is to travel to exotic locations, then pick a pageant with a showing in one.
- Maybe there is a cause or charity close to your heart that makes the choice a natural.
- If fashion is your love, then find one with lots of events and costume changes.
- Do you want to focus on self-improvement? Then chose one with a focus on that area, like public speaking or a talent you want to work on.
Tetyana cautions if you only want a crown to wear, buy one. It’s a lot cheaper. There is a lot of hard work and much more to the experience than just wearing a crown.
The Value of Self-Discovery and Friendship
The connections with amazing women from around the world and the resulting friendships that will last a lifetime are priceless to Tetyana and the most evident take-away from her pageant experiences.
She has received training that gives her a comprehensive toolbox to draw on in her everyday life. From self-development; how to write your resume, apply makeup, take care of your skin, walk, to self-defense, public speaking, and skill development, pageants provide amazing opportunities to grow as a person.
You can find out who you are. Become a member of a new family. Some women make pageants their life. Whatever the reason for participating, all have fun.
After all, getting dressed up, wearing beautiful clothes, having your hair and makeup done, laughing with women who appreciate their own kind of beautiful and going to a glamorous event together is the ultimate girls’ night out. Don’t you think?