There is a big shift in the way women clothes shop. The consumption of clothing is changing. There is more appreciation for talent, craftmanship and beautiful elegant pieces.
I tell my clients, in reality, we all want something comfortable but also authentic to our personality and who we are. Your wardrobe should be filled with items that you are going to love and wear again and again so you want to invest in a good foundation wardrobe.
Clothes that you put on first thing in the morning to go to work, should be able to take you through to the evening, with a simple add on of accessories and change of shoe.
I really believe in limiting your purchases to five seasonal items per season to refresh your existing look.
What Is Trending This Season
This season, designers are in a serious no nonsense frame of mind. The collections spilled with suits and smart clothes. And by this I mean, clothes that we can actually wear! Not fantastical fashion pieces but clothes that appeal to women whose daily lives constitute business meetings, commutes, after school pick ups and after work drinks.
- The new silhouettes are very far fetched, very eighties and nineties.
- Nine to five workwear was without a doubt one of the seasons biggest trends.
- Big shouldered pantsuits, very wide high waisted trousers, deconstructed jackets. longer midi pencil skirts, oversized sweaters
- Colour palettes in red, plums, pinks and tan.
- Velvets and metallics not only for evening but worn during the day.
- Plaids and checks, banker stripes. Think of them as your new neutrals.
- A revival of very lady like handbags with bamboo or leather handles
- In shoes from all that glitters to the return of cowboy boots and ready-for-combat boots. (Check out the amazing boots from Rebel Spirit) Boots are meant to hit well above the knee and the fall look would not be complete without a bold red boot or shoe.
Remember, most of all, choose and wear clothes that make you feel comfortable, happy and good about yourself. You already know the power of a great outfit. Every woman does. It is the one where you walk out the door feeling totally beautiful, chic and ready to slay the world!