Fiverr® is your door to a world of inexpensive skilled assistants ready and willing to help you with anything you might need. Many women in business are using it to mimic an office full of staff. It is not just for business though it works well for needs in your personal life too.
Are you looking for a custom invitation for your dinner party? How about a poster for your club’s next fundraiser? Do you need some encouragement, a custom exercise plan, or maybe a prayer? Would a writer, a video, or a custom jingle for your grandchild make you swoon?
You can have any or all of these and more, all for less than the price of your Skinny Vanilla Latte. Check out this fabulous source for a plethora of services called Fiverr®
What Exactly is Fiverr®?
Fiverr® is a platform for buyers and sellers. In this age of freelancing, this is the ultimate marketplace where you can offer a service or buy one. There are over 500 service categories and in 2020 their revenue was 189.51 million (source: Fiverr®)
Originally, when it started in 2010 the opening level of pricing was $5.00 US, hence the name. The base price has increased slightly over time, and some services are more. Many services have add-ons (stock images, copyrights, delivery date options) that increase the price but once you make a choice, the price is fixed. Many of the sellers are from around the globe so don’t expect perfect grammar but the service is outstanding.
I have used it countless times for posters, logo designs, business advice, tag lines, invitations, business card designs, videos, editing, and even a lifestyle coach. I have been satisfied with all of them, although some more than others.
Is It Trustworthy?
I am comfortable using this service because:
- My son first recommended it.
- My privacy is protected. The buyer and seller do not share identifying personal information as both parties have user names and the platform is the middle man.
- You can look at samples of their work, review all seller’s services by ratings, and see how much work they have in the queue before yours, as well as where they are located in the world.
- It is easy to create an account and use it.
- Most sellers allow one revision request to their first version.
- If there is any type of problem with the product there is a recourse action process that works well. A few times what I needed was not delivered to my satisfaction and my money was refunded.
What Kind of Quality Do You Get?
Each time the quality was worth more than I paid and the result met my needs.
How Does Fiverr® Work?
There are 8 easy steps!
- You create an account, set up your user name and password, add your payment information.
- Find the service you are looking for by entering a search term or looking at the applicable tab.
- Browse the offerings and choose the vendor whose style is most similar to your wants or needs.
- Place the order on your card and complete the purchase.
- Add specifications such as details about your concept, ideas, color swatches, font, etc. This information is used to produce the final product.
- Wait for the product to be delivered.
- Review the product and request a revision or accept it.
- Rate the seller.
Am I Taking Advantage of People at this Rate?
Many people use Fiverr® to supplement their income as well as practice their English and their trade. You are supporting the gig economy and connecting with those who want to work.
Can You Guide Me Step by Step?
- Set up an Account
- Go To the Home Page (the link will open in a new window) www.fiverr.com
- Click “Join” on the top right-hand corner
- Enter your email address and you will get a confirmation message
- Go into your email, look for the email from Fiverr. It may be in your junk or spam. Hit “Confirm”.
- Then get familiar with your dashboard
- If you want to sell then you will want to fill out your profile
- Find your desired service
- Choose a custom heading from the choices on your dashboard.
- Enter it into the search field.
- Browse the services displayed. If you want, you can refine the search results by things like price or delivery time.
- Choose your seller
- Review the pricing and options
- If you want to compare multiple sellers use the “Compare Services”
- Click “Proceed to Order”
- Check out the order details, if correct click “Proceed to Payment”
- Choose your payment preference and enter details.
- Your Gig® is ready to go.
- Enter instructions and/or details about your “Gig®”.
- The seller will request details and I recommend you be as specific as you can.
- Enter details such as the size, color, content. Send images of what you like or want. The more information you provide, the closer the vendor’s first effort will be to what you want.
- Sit back and wait for delivery.
- You will need to check into your Fiverr® dashboard for progress.
- Watch for information from the seller.
- The notifications will not go to your regular email.
- Review the delivery
- If acceptable rate your seller or if not, request the revision.
- If you are not satisfied, tell the seller. Typically, they will let Fiverr® know and your money will be refunded.
- If not, there is an escalation process with Fiverr® that is very reputable.