My niece a true “vintage” shopper visited over the weekend. She has been shopping some of the treasured shops in rural Alberta since the metropolis of Vancouver see high prices
for the delicate items and a look into the past. Rural Alberta still views it as second hand and often overlooks its value to others. Her attraction is the history of the clothing and being swept back through time to daydream of another life.
The quest for quality pieces turns up many items with tags still on. “Can you imagine some woman not feeling beautiful enough to take the tags off and wear this gorgeous item?” That question resonated with me. How often do we put our life on hold as we feel we don’t meet the societal description of “beautiful” or conditions are not “perfect”?
Let’s change that mentality and focus on feeling great in all the moments of life.
- Buy that little black dress in a size up and enjoy how you feel today.
- Start your gym membership and relish in your accomplishments along the way.
- Step out of your comfort zone and learn a second language taking the opportunity to mispronounce and laugh along the way.
- Try that new recipe out with friends after all, who doesn’t love to try new things?
- Enjoy the camaraderie of guests during the house renovations. No one is looking that close.
Don’t wish away the moments. When you look back they will have become your life.
Hang up on putting life on hold! Enjoy the now.