If you purchase trips online you may want to consider searching Incognito. Some travel websites actually track your searches. That means each time you search the site and product, you may find the price increasing. It is so tempting to keep trying to find a better deal and why not? Just remember to go incognito first.
What is Incognito?
Incognito, also known as privacy or porn mode, is a feature of browsers that disables the ability to store local data and searching history. The tracking is done through small computer files called cookies. How you access the private mode depends on your browser of choice. Here are the three most common.
Chrome Browser: Incognito
- Open Browser and look in the top right corner.
- Click on the menu icon on desktop or on mobile device.
- Choose New Incognito Window.
- A New Window will open up with in the top right.
Firefox Browser: Private Window
- Open Browser and look in top right hand corner.
- Click on the Menu Icon and choose the New Private Window.
- A new window will open and you may see the Private Window Mask.
Internet Explorer Browser: InPrivate
- Open Browser. Depending on what version, look for the or .
- Click on the icon and choose New InPrivate Window.
- A new window will open and you will see the InPrivate in the top right.