I just love a Mexican fiesta. Mexico is vibrant, meals are always fun and the food fresh and full of flavour. Maybe it is the side of ice cold margaritas or the throwback to my last Mexican vacation but any time is a perfect time for Mexican. This delicious enchilada can be vegan and you can have a meal within the hour.
- 2 1/2 cups peeled and chopped (1/2-inch dice) sweet potato (Vegan) or diced chicken or beef
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large red onion, diced (2 to 2 1/2 cups)
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup jarred roasted red pepper, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 (14-ounce) can black beans (about 1 1/2 cups), drained and rinsed
- 3 cups of your favorite Enchilada Sauce (choose your preferred heat)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder and ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt, or to taste
- 6 to 8 medium/large soft tortilla wraps
- Kraft Green Goddess Dressing
- Chopped green onion, red pepper flakes, avocado, and cilantro
- Lightly grease a large rectangular baking dish (at least 8×12 inches). Set aside.
- Prepare the chopped sweet potato (boil or baked and mashed) or meat.
- In a large skillet, stir together the oil, onion, and garlic and sauté over medium heat for around 3 to 5 minutes until the onion softens. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Add the chopped roasted peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, cooked/drained sweet potato or meat, spinach, and black beans. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes over medium-high heat, until the spinach is wilted.
- Stir in 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons of homemade enchilada sauce, the lime juice, chili powder, cumin, and salt. Adjust seasonings to taste, if desired.
- Using some of the Enchilada Sauce, cover the bottom of your casserole dish and spread it out evenly.
- Scoop 3/4 cup of the filling onto each tortilla. Roll up the tortilla and place it seam side down, in the casserole dish. Repeat until gone. Spread all of the remaining enchilada sauce on top of the tortillas until they are completely covered in sauce.
- Bake the enchiladas, uncovered, at 350⁰F for 20 to 25 minutes, until the enchiladas are heated through.
- When enchiladas are ready to serve, add Kraft Green Goddess Dressing on the top of each enchilada and garnish with chopped cilantro, avocado, red pepper flakes, and green onion.