A kicker Caesar Salad is always a welcomed addition to a potluck, picnic, or having guests over for the evening. Now that the world is opening up again, it is time to reignite our basic instincts for social connectedness and get together with people face to face.
You can dress a salad up or down with your main dish and sides or even make a meal of it. This caesar salad will not disappoint you and there is no box opening required here.
A caesar salad from scratch takes about the same amount of time but the end result is so fresh and tasty you won’t regret nixing the box variety.
Kicker Caesar Salad
Yield: Serves 8-10
1 head of romaine lettuce
1 cup mayonnaise
½ cup of finely grated parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp each anchovy paste, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce
2 – 4 dashes Hot Sauce like Cholula Original Hot Sauce
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
6 slices of bread
Caesar Salad Dressing Steps:
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl till well blended.
- Based on your palate you can add more or less of any ingredient.
- Place in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Cut bread to desired crouton size and place in a bowl.
- Cover and toss in olive oil.
- Sprinkle generously with garlic powder and oregano.
- Place on parchment paper and bake @ 400C until toasted. (Watching and turning so it does not burn).
- Toss all ingredients just before serving this delicious Kicker Ceasar Salad.
Find more great recipes
Get more info on Cholula Original Hot Sauce
If you’ve enjoyed this article share it. If you have thoughts on the content leave a comment below. Do you have expertise, knowledge, or a life experience to share? Visit the Contributor tab for more information.